Here is another update.
Had a couple of bad weeks modding wize ...
All sorts of deliveries didnt show up when I had the time to work on them and once they came they send the wrong stuff. Very annoying and I am starting to worry about the coolermaster contest. especially now I have decided to rebuild the entire warp nacelle setup. but thats for later in this post. let start at the beginning ...
I spend several hours thrying to think my way out of the warp nacelle setup as I need to be able to get to the components inside to change out a tube or fix a leak.
So I made a plug to go over the front and back of the nacelle.
Had all sorts of idea's on how to be able to remove them and some people on the dutch forums were really creative with magnets and stuff. I decided on using velcro. Unfortunately I was only able to put really small strips of the stuff in the edges of the MDF. I ordered the heavy duty velcro and now when I remove the plug, I take the whole velcro with it. To much adhesive power is a bad thing here , LOL
Also the inside towards the nacelle needs to be nice so I made some ridges out of depron. I can't finalise the nacelles because I dont have the led/mircocontroller setup yet so I had to fix everything with tape ...
It all needs to be filled out with putty and sanded
You can start to see why I decided to redo the whole warp nacelles setup.
To fat, clunky, too high, relative size compared to main body, pointing inwards, just doesnt ring my perfectionist bell .
The front and back have been fitted with a plug, but I also have to be able to get to the fittings in the pylon for placing tyraps or tube clamps.
Solution was an MDF panel that is screwed in. Just have to make the detailling on the outside so i can reach them at all times. Challenges , challenges, challenges ...
Here is a picture of what I am planning to do. Get the res out of the casing and make a new hexagon side panel. This will reduce the courners making it more fluid and remove some fatness... (black is what it was, red what it will become.
Bottom picture is what I initially had in mind but a ellipsoid res is nowhere to be found.
Visio version of the design
The new nacelle compared to the old. The dif is huge !
and if its to small now compared to the main body, thats easily fixed with depron detailling
Nice big surface area for the light to come out of the nacelle, even when it is in warp configuration.
All the fittings are now within the MDF, this resolves a lot of tension the tubing was placcing on the XPS foam. It has got some extra room to fit the led lights now. Just have to think of another way to get to the fittings it once its finished. All good (time-consuming) Fun !!!