Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Heaven and Hell
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm 

So I finally added some parts...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:30 pm 

Sabbath at the Gorge 2013 was surreal. You drive hours and hours to get there no matter where you are coming from, so you're in a daze to begin with. Then you stand in the sun for an hour while they fix the computer. An Ozzy Imitator keeps you amused. Women in shorts everywhere. The computer reboots and you get your ticket and enter. At the bar you may stand on a terrace with your $18 (worth every penny) double shot screwdriver overlooking what appears to be the Grand Canyon on the Columbia River. It feels like you are part of the background of a flight sim video game. Pot is now "legal" in Washington so all seem to be taking advantage. One can get dizzy so I personally go to sit down at my seat that says row 16, but security puts me in the front row, because the front row is really row 16, they tell me. As most know the Arena is carved into the side of mountain. General Admission seats appear to be carved out long granite benches in the side of the hill. Andrew W.K. comes on to d.j. and fire-up the crowd. He stands on a pulpit housed inside a crane overlooking the crowd. He yells, screams, and but for the fact he was firing T-shirts into the crowd, reminded me a little of Mussolini. It was like watching The World at War. Sort of appropriate because then the Air-raid sirens start screaming and Sabbath takes the stage to their all-time greatest song, War Pigs. At this point the price of your ticket matters little and you just hope you don't run out of mixer or have to go to the bathroom because you don't want to miss a second of the show. And Sabbath does not disappoint. I'm sure I am biased and they could fall flat on their faces and I'd still say it was the greatest show on earth, but they didn't, and it was. Tony and Geezer are guitar gods. Ozzy can still whip out 14 good songs, and Tommy almost stole the show with his solo. Amazing. Surreal. When it’s finally over and if you were smart enough to get a campground area and a tent then you can go retire in peace. If not, like me, who had a cab take them to the show and promise to pick them up, then you get stranded in a strange place in a strange land. Luckily, my best friend ex-wife somehow got a random shuttle driver to take us back to the hotel 10 miles away for a few dollars. I was so drunk it might as well have been 100 miles. Later, she told me that because I had fixed a neighbor's computer for free the day beforehand that Karma shined down upon us the night of the concert. So I asked her if God was Alive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:16 pm 

It looks cool! you're amazing!