Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Check out this V-Twin Motorcycle engine mod!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:17 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

This is cool as HELL and very original! It's all in German, but there's lots of pictures and the guy even has a small movie of it in action. Very nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:59 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Harley Mod, Not blindly a V-twin mod. Never had a final drive belt on a Ducati twin.

Only saying that, because Harley guys may not like lexan and lights over function. It's always personal opinion on these things, but to me this is a foul ball. Shifting down; I like Harley's, but I'd never admit to one needing lexan or lights to accent what is already art.

I think it was sponsored as well. I'm behind on the Rosetta Stone lessons, but see a machine shop making something that appeals to American metal. The cooler looks a lot like Aqua-Computer's Cuplex. After that, I just see more copying.

It's art by duplicating the known. Duplication is great flattery. Can we do this by hand? Ya, but not likely...but should inspire themes a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:58 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

I very rarely see a Harley with an exposed drive belt. The large amount of the time you see that on custom choppers or custom bikes. Occasionally, you'll see a guy who has put an S&S motor in a Harley with an exposed drive belt though.

I didn't say Harley because I think it's more of a nod to S&S motors. I know they're in bed with Harley, but it is two different companies.

I give it an A+ for originality and level of difficulty. That's just not a theme you see taken to that extreme very often.