Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [CrazyIdea] Your crasiest Mod idea for 2010
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:54 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Title says it all, it doesn't need to be something you can make now just a idea you want to get done before the end of the world in 2012.

So let's hear um.

Me I want to get a nice quality chair, you know those plush comfy sofa-chairs not a office chair, put a dvd/blue ray drive just below the arm rest on one side, maybe some sata/usb on the other. Put the guts in the back/belly (under the seat) and set a monitor on a swival arm. the design is easy enough (most of the guts are just going to sit in a cage under it) just need the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:06 pm 

U could have the sleep button under the seat so when you sit down it wakes up :D

And mount the monitor to one of those reading lamp arms that swing out on two pivot points, then have that slide down into the armrest with a cover over it. that solves wiring really well for it and it makes you feel like an extra in Star Trek :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

tehninjapwns wrote:
U could have the sleep button under the seat so when you sit down it wakes up :D

And mount the monitor to one of those reading lamp arms that swing out on two pivot points, then have that slide down into the armrest with a cover over it. that solves wiring really well for it and it makes you feel like an extra in Star Trek :lol:

And maybe a mini fridge in the back plate?

The idea with the "chairputer" what to make it stylish but simple. Swing arms are easy enough to get at staples so a little fabric to cover the wires isn't to hard.

But i want to hear YOUR crazy ideas 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:16 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

A whole room filled with folding machines (and the supporting equipment for them)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 am 

the Idea I have for this year is to build an AVP Edition PC ( fully sponsored of course )

I've just emailed coolermaster to see if they would consider sponsoring the build by building a case to my specifications ( I know its a long shot and im now just waiting on them to email back with the yes or no answer )

should that fall through I may just buy a cheap case and mod the hell out of it and then pursue other companies for components, btw does anybody know how I could get sponsorship for things like mobo, ram, cpu , gpu etc?

cheers :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:11 pm 

How about an idea for a portable gaming computer, using a portable record player like this...

... and a bonus if the monitor can be integrated into the top of the case, or if the thing still worked as a record player :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:29 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

PackNPlay was posted on here a few years back. Not exactly done up in an old record player, but same concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:01 am 

i've been considering turning a paper shredder into a fully functioning machine, its like this stainless steel/aluminum industrial shredder that we have at work that broke. I just feel like it would be epic to have the dvd/blue ray tray replacing the paper shredder part of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:32 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

build a case from scratch. My current project in fact. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm 

Sir Flannel wrote:
How about an idea for a portable gaming computer, using a portable record player like this...

... and a bonus if the monitor can be integrated into the top of the case, or if the thing still worked as a record player :D

Great idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:58 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Spacegy4 wrote:
build a case from scratch. My current project in fact. :P
Mine as well. My build concept is based around fresh filtered air in through the base, and all hot exhaust goes out through the top.
In more detail, to accomplish this, it will be a cube. I've decided to go with a solid color acrylic (rather than the usual transparent stuff). for the four sides with metal/mesh top and base. Rotating the mobo to put the i/o and pci access on the top of the case will also help the airflow design by venting the VGA out the top as well. I will also be putting all of the i/o and switches normally found on the front panel up top. I want to try putting the optical drive at the top, too, so that the tray opens upward. I just hope this doesn't prevent the drive from functioning. Air intake as mentioned will be through the bottom, with the base raised off the ground by cutting the acrylic sides so that the bottom corners extend downward to act as legs/feet.

To make it slightly prettier, I will put CC lighting underneath, and cut a design into at least one side panel, that will be filled with a dyed clear resin.