Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quick Launch bar missing from laptops toolbar
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:44 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

So one day I start up my laptop - Dell Latitude d600 XP Pro SP3 Intel Pentium M 1600mhz 1.0g RAM radeon 9000. Anyway, now my quicklaunch bar is missing. Don't know where it packed up and moved to or why or how cuz I didn't evict it. I tried sliding the bar over but it just goes back next to the start button. I tried right clicking and creating a quick launch toolbar, but I get an error message that says it cannot create the toolbar. I tried dragging and dropping shortcuts but they disappear without a trace into the twilight zone. What the heck. I'm not infected, I am very cautious bout where I browse and I run scans weekly and whenever I suspect anything funny. What happened? I use the quick launch regularly cuz I don't like to have anything on desktop. Except of course the recycle bin which won't leave. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:52 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555525

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:22 am 
Klamath
Klamath

okay i went to site and did all it said and still no results. i went into program files and searched and everything but still no quicklaunch. it says its missing "homepage.inf" ? i really dont think i need an ie homepage executed in order to have quick launch. I dont know what happened. even my firefox homepage and all bookmarks and everything was reset without my prompting. what happened here? its almost as if my browsers were set back to default without my prompting. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Compaqsonly wrote:
okay i went to site and did all it said and still no results. i went into program files and searched and everything but still no quicklaunch. it says its missing "homepage.inf" ? i really dont think i need an ie homepage executed in order to have quick launch. I dont know what happened. even my firefox homepage and all bookmarks and everything was reset without my prompting. what happened here? its almost as if my browsers were set back to default without my prompting. :?

I had to put this back on the list, I am still having the problem. Please help.
:!: