Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 32-Bit Operating System Memory Limitation
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:00 am 
Chief Surgeon
Chief Surgeon

http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80222

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:40 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I do NOT feel this basic 32bit topic run over into the clinic. This is entirely a help me build/buy argument. HMB/B guides these decisions, and Free Clinic retorts toward HMB/B.

You have 4G+ and Win32 says you can't use it. Not our fault...HMB/B's screwed up. Basic understanding of computer logic aren't to be taught here. We deal with "after the build", where they are already alerted to not use more than 3G of memory. Windows install states this too! You have to click through it to acknowledge that you can't read all your memory.

Here, we are built yet have issues. We have issues, that's a fact. And if this problem arises, then they missed the build step...which I, as a mod, will for sure redirect them toward the back steps where they went wrong.

HELP ME BUILD/BUY ADVICE for Q3 2009 and on out?
Buy or use 64-bit OS's, no matter what memory config. 2G is so yesterday, and we avoid all this BS. No need to think...just do.

If you're still here asking for help, something or some place has guided you wrong. Let's back track that. But we'll move you to building in a ms when your build is wrong!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]