Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Asus Update
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:37 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

I've had nothing but problems with this thing from day one. Iv'e just formatted my HD in preparation for the gaming soon to commence but, I want to use the Asus Update tool rather than Aflash or afudos. Here's the catch, it claims that I don't have A FREAKING ASUS MOBO INSTALLED! I distinctly remember putting in that P4P800 Deluxe and, oh yeah, the box is right in front of me! :x

Any Ideas? Asus support is crazy because I would have to tell them how many hairs are on my left nut and when they got there. Try it out, It's horrible. :x

Post subject: Re: Asus Update
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:15 am 

Kane_233 wrote:
Any Ideas? Asus support is crazy because I would have to tell them how many hairs are on my left nut and when they got there. Try it out, It's horrible. :x

HAHAHAH :lol: Yeah, I know what you mean. I was going to ask Gigabyte for some support earlier today, but that was 12 hours ago and as you can see I'm talking to you now. Which means I decided not to fill out there 101 questionaire. I think it's just a way for companies to not have to deal with so many questions and problems :? lazy b@st@rds!

Maybe your chipset and/or your actual Asus Update program needs updated. I'm not sure if the chipset has anything to do with this, but it's worth a shot. Good luck, I hope you get to use this tool. It's s0o0o much easier than using a floppy (when it actually works).

Post subject: Re: Asus Update
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:13 am 
Sailorman
Sailorman

Any Ideas? Asus support is crazy because I would have to tell them how many hairs are on my left nut and when they got there. Try it out, It's horrible. :x[/quote]

Download the latest version of ASUS Update. There is a message on their site stating you need version 5.22.xxxx or later somewhere. I used ver. 5.23.02 tonight in prep for a P4 3.4 on an ASUS P4C800-E tomorrow.

http://www.asus.com/support/download/it ... ype=Latest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:18 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

It worked somewhat on my A7N8X Deluxe (but since I dont have a floppy I was willing to work a little harder with it :P )

The first few weeks it couldn't connect to the servers to download the file.
But after that it worked fine. I wasnt too worried though since there was nothing major wrong, just a few little BIOS options and this one little issue with restarting (didnt happen to often though).

Are you sure the P4P800 supports AsusUpdate? Try installing the version on the CD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:46 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

SomeGuy wrote:
Are you sure the P4P800 supports AsusUpdate? Try installing the version on the CD.

Yes, that's the mobo I have (minus the deluxe). In fact, I just updated mine from 1015 to 1016 right before posting this.

To the original poster, if you don't have the latest version, snag it from here and retry:

http://tinyurl.com/4g4v9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:30 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

One4yu2c wrote:

To the original poster, if you don't have the latest version, snag it from here and retry:

I don't know how you do it, but you seem to have the power of making things work! :D It installed! Many Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:08 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Kane_233 wrote:
One4yu2c wrote:

I don't know how you do it, but you seem to have the power of making things work! :D It installed! Many Thanks! :D

Perhaps the PC Gods have granted me healing Magic as a consolation for throwing every error, blue screen, and quirk imagineable when I tinker w/ my rigs at home Image

Glad you got it working!