Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Radeon 9800 Pro Driver Install Problem
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:45 pm 

Ok, so here's the deal

I was running Catalyst 4.6, I just downloaded 4.7 but am having a hard time installing them. I uninstalled my old drivers through control panel and using driver cleaner and rebooted. Upon reboot, I dbl click the driver and after extracting the drivers I receive an error box stating "Error: 0x80040707". I click ok it comes up again, I click ok again, I then get an error box stating "Unable to load ATICIM.dll" I click ok it then goes into the setup screen but where the License Agreement should be there's nothing. At this point if I click anything other than yes it won't do anything. So I click yes, then on the next screen if I click express it goes back to my desktop and does nothing and if I click custom install I get an error box stating, "Setup failed to run installation0x80040702)" and then goes back to my desktop??? I've tried just about every solution I could find online and nothing. I then tried to revert back to 4.6 and I now get the same thing. I'm running SP 2 Beta the latest also but I doubt that matters seeing that 4.6 installed fine for me just a few days agao when I formatted my hard drive.

I just emailed Ati about this seeing that it's driving me crazy, but I'm sure they'll take forever getting back to me. So I'm hoping the pros here can help me out?? Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:54 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Assuming you've googled and tried and exhausted that route, you could try the Omega drivers. Not a solution per se, but a workaround (if they'll install):

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:01 pm 

Yup tried google, and all the remedies that it turned up and none of them worked. I know that it's some sort of Installshield problem seeing that I'm able to manually install the drivers but then I have no Control Panel. I've tried installing the Control Panel seperately and that gave the same kind of problems. Also tried Omega Drivers and same thing, just kept churning up errors. For now I'm using the 4.7 driver, I just can't access the Ati Control Panel to alter the advanced settings.

Thanks for the reply, and the search continues.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:35 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

It s easy to uninstall the ATI drivers. Go to windows explorer, programs, ATI folder and look for AtiCimUn and double click to run the utility....reboot and load your new drivers with your ANTI-VIRUS OFF! I use this utility and I never have any problems with the drivers. I would download the driver again just to make sure the first drivers you did download might be corrupt.

Nasty