Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Same Problem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:01 pm 

I am having the same exact problem. I all the remedies but still the same results. I removed some adware and a trojan from my system. Perhaps that's what's causing it. Any ideas on things we can try?

The only difference is that I am running Win 2000. The link that was sent for tcp/ip fix is for xp. what should I try?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:29 am 

I tried TeeJays link and used the Winsockfix. I'll report back in a few to let you know if it worked!
Thanks
Denbeau

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:08 am 

if you had a trojan, might want to check the hosts file located in c:\windows\system32. i've seen some instances where a virus overwrites this file to force you to different sites or none at all.

since you cant even ping your other networked computers, the problem may be with the way you have the network setup. is it dhcp or static ip's? if you go to your network settings, and right click on the network connection, does it say enabled or disabled. if enabled can you right click the connection and repair it? if it fails on you, try removing the connection then removing the device. might just need the driver reloaded again, they sometimes go fooey on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:56 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

hi,

my dad's computer had the same problem. that computer was infected with some CWS crap. So i downloaded CWShredder and removed the spyware... but after that, he started to experience problems with internet connection. he uses dial-ups... so the modem would connect to the ISP without a problem, but the web browser will not take him anywhere...

if there is a quick way of solve the problem, it will be awesome! otherwise, I will have to reinstall the OS when I get home.