Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FPS Issues
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:50 am 

Hello! So I wanted to get some insight as to what might be my problem. I've been noticing my fps isn't as great as i think it should be, also I've noticed drops to a constant lower fps. I've been mostly playing League of legends so most of my info is based off this game. I run with settings on full with anti aliasing, with shadows off and vertical sync off. Resolution is 1920x1080 in borderless. I run at 250 fps, but then sometime down the road i drop to 80-150 fps. I don't run any extra programs, and I've even turned on shadows and it seems to not really effect my fps, but it doesn't seem to want to go higher than 150 and its peak.
Other games I've noticed problems in is Goat Simulator/Titanfall. Both of those I get some heavy fps drops, though I haven't monitored what it runs at. I am sure that it is dropping below 50 fps easily as it becomes rather choppy.

I've heard that the 770 can run most games on pretty high settings but I seem to find myself running things lower then nvidia calls optimal.

My Specs:
Case: XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Motherboard: BIOSTAR TH67+ LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler.
Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply, New Version with Build-in LED Fan On/Off Switch
SSD: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE500BW
Moniters: Asus VS247H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit Monitor (Main) HANNspree By Hanns-G HF225DPB Black 21.5" Full HD WideScreen LCD Monitor w/Speakers (Side)
Disk Drive:LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - OEM
Wifi Adapter: Netgear WiFi USB Adapter - AC Dual Band (A6200)

Post subject: Re: FPS Issues
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

If you changed the video driver and didn't do it right, that may be the cause of your fps drop.

The video card could be throttling back due to being close to overheating.

When was the last time you ran the Samsung software and used "Performance Optimization" to optimized the drive? I have the same ssd and do it once a week and run the benchmark before I do it and after I optimize and there is a difference in the numbers making it worth doing. I do it once a week because I use this machine for many hours a day. The Trim function should do it, but I game and don't want any slowdowns while doing so. Do Not Ever Defrag your SSD!!! You will kill it! Make sure you have it shut off!

Nasty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:58 am 

^ Agreed.

Hey, what's the tower like on that comp? I'm thinking about building my own PC and don't want to spend more then like 1000. I've been looking at some of the ones here http://toptengamer.hubpages.com/hub/Bes ... phics-Card but a few are like 200 which seems a little steep.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:29 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Location: Sittin' downtown at the railway station, one toke over the line.
Hey techguru, how about maybe staying on topic while you're trying to promote articles you've written? And you can save the BS "I'm thinking about building..."

@gonzo Just a shot in the dark here, but use whatever FPS tool you use to check out the other games as well. I don't doubt that you are experiencing a drop in frame-rate, I'm just wondering if maybe what you're experiencing isn't so much unplayable frame-rates as noticing the difference between very high rates and so-so rates when the decrease happens. I could just be talking out my ass here, I'm not much a of a gamer. The 770 should be able to handle those games easily, maybe dial back texture resolution a smidge.