Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Thinking about reinstalling windows.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 pm 

I recently finished building a new gaming pc. This is my first build. I put the os (Win 7 64) on an ssd. I also have a mech hd. I am unable to get my scanner to work (Canon MX700). I tried many times installing and deleting drivers and the IJ Network tool and the MP Navigator, both from the installation cd and from the Cannon web site. The best that I could do was to get my printer working. Canon says that the scanner problem is a windows thing or a software compatibility thing or an anti virus issue or ??? Basically they didn't know. Before trying to set up my printer I downloaded Prime 95. I couldn't figure out how to control it. Seemed like it was always running. I finally uninstalled it. I also tried a cpu temp monitoring program. Don't remember what it was called. Uninstalled it. I would like to have a working scanner. I am thinking of starting over. Formatting the ssd. Reinstalling windows. Not installing the other crap and before installing McAfee, trying to get the MX700 to work. What are the ramifications if any of formatting an ssd? Any advice would be appreciated.

Paul