Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HDMI Audio - 2 Streams?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:26 am 

I am trying to send HD audio/video over hdmi through an extender (which sends video no prob and is hd audio capible) to a secondary Onkyo receiver via my HTPC. I currently only have one EVGA 02G-P4-2660-KR GeForce GTX 660's installed. Which does send the HD audio/video via HDMI to my primary Onkyo receiver. I simply want to send the same exact data that the primary receiver has to the secondary one at the same time to enjoy the same material on the secondary Onkyo receiver in the other room. In other words while watching a movie in the main room, the seats are filled, the secondary room will have the extra seats avalible thus allowing all to watch the same movie at the same time. I have tried the monitor out on my Onkyo but apparently it doesn't send audio! So I need to come up with another solution. So I need to know if a secondary 660 will send the HD audio/video to the secondary Onkyo receiver to make this happen?

Thanks
If this is not the right section to post this in, I am sorry.

Post subject: Re: HDMI Audio - 2 Streams?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

If you look in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound (right click somewhere and make sure "Show Disconnected Devices" is checked), see if you have multiple HDMI Outputs. If you do, try plugging one of the unused ones into the receiver and see if it'll take. If it does, then all you have to do is make sure whatever you're doing that you want to go out to that channel is set to output audio there.

Post subject: Re: HDMI Audio - 2 Streams?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:52 am 

I have finally determined the only way I am going to get done what I want is to buy a 4k splitter. Monoprice has, what appears to be a decent one for $70. My receiver, does however put out audio in the sub out, however only in 2.0 which drops the hd audio for the main receiver too. The video cards can only output 1 audio stream.

Thanks