Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Internet keeps disconnecting!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:34 am 

Amd PhenomII x4 945 Processor 3.00 Ghz
8 GB RAM
Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP 1
Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB
Dsl internet connection
Microsoft Security Essentials
Windows Firewall

Within the last 3 or 4 days I have been having increasingly frequent internet disconnections. It always reconnects but has been happening more and more frequently. Currently it seems to happen every 5-15 minutes. I do not have to be actively using the connection for it to drop. Has disconnected while sitting idle and while rebooting the computer. I have run a full virus scan and found nothing. My DSL provider says there are no issues on their end. Before having them come out and potentially costing me 60-70 bucks an hour, I was hoping someone might have some insight. I use Firefox 27.1. My wife uses Internet explorer and has not had this issue. However i use the computer WAY more than she does. Also play WOW on it.
Thanks in Advance

Post subject: Re: Internet keeps disconnecting!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:46 am 

0000000227: 2014-03-15 08:57:27:862 Target: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_DeviceDFP Method: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_DeviceDFP Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Client.Shared.Private.ClientUIComponent::DoRun processID:01716 threadID:(CCCThreadNew:Dashboard) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Component.Client.Shared.Private, Version=4.5.5088.28766, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this listed as ACEEventLogSource in event viewer. Similiar listed over and over just for today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:37 am 

So I'm on my wifes Windows account. Same computer. She has not experienced any internet failure. Same computer, different login. I have tried System file checker, flushed the DNS cache, switched to Open Dns, ran scan and repair on World of Warcraft(thought it might be this). She uses internet explorer and i'm on Chrome. On my account I use firefox and chrome. Tried completely uninstalling Firefox, ran complete virus scan. I am using her account because iI was disconnecting so often I couldn't even get to the forums page to sign in. Does any one have any idea what this could be? I am ready to cancel my internet.

The error I see on the event log is "Name resolution for the name dns.msftncis.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:03 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Location: Sittin' downtown at the railway station, one toke over the line.
Well, it doesn't appear to be an ISP problem, as it works fine from your wife's account. That would also seem to rule out hardware issues. So it looks like it has something to do with the configuration in your account, doubtful that it's browser related. First thing I'd check is the Network Adapter Properties. Without knowing how it's set up I'd say make it look just like your wife's. (IPv6, DHCP, DNS server addresses, etc) Try running "ipconfig /all" on both your and your wife's account and check for differences there, also. You could try checking the properties for your NIC and see if anything looks off there. Oh, might want to try a scan with Malwarebytes also, as it could be related to malware using your connection. Post back with any changes or new info. I suspect Network Adapter Properties right now, could be a few things, though. This should be able to get resolved, be nicer to use a scalpel than a hammer. How attached are you to your user account? Is your user account the Administrator?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:34 pm 

ok update:
did the ipconfig thing everything is identical

Also I was able to get disconnected on my wifes account. Happened twice yesterday.

Had my isp over today to look at everything. No probs with lines, signals or anything. Swapped out modem. Still same problem.

Did a full scan Saturday, will do another with Malewarebytes.
Yes i am admin.....kinda like my account?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

KWolfe73 wrote:
0000000227: 2014-03-15 08:57:27:862 Target: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_DeviceDFP Method: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Dashboard.DB_DeviceDFP Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Component.Client.Shared.Private.ClientUIComponent::DoRun processID:01716 threadID:(CCCThreadNew:Dashboard) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Component.Client.Shared.Private, Version=4.5.5088.28766, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

Update your graphics package. Don't know if it will fix your disconnect problem and why should it, but hopefully this event will cease.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I assume this is directly connected through an Ethernet cable to your DSL box? And not wifi?

When you say you have now replicated this now twice on your wife's account, was this in IE or did you use Firefox or Chrome?

Did you (or the DSL company tech) replace the Ethernet line? If not, do so.

Have you updated the Ethernet driver?

Made sure there were no yellow or red flags in Device Manager? Made sure there were no problem devices in System Information > Components?

Next I would recommend trying an Ethernet card to replace the current port.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm 

Had the isp company over again and this time the tech said there was a short in the line coming to the house. He put in a ticket with Fairpoint and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Is directly connected not wifi

Wife told me today that Candy Crush has been freezing in the morning when she plays it. Apparently it has been a problem.

How do I update the ethernet driver?

No problems with Device Manager or System Info>Components

Changed cable.

Have not tried ethernet card YET.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:59 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Location: Sittin' downtown at the railway station, one toke over the line.
Look in Device Manager to see what your NIC is called and then go to your motherboard maker's website and the network interface manufacturer's website and get the newest drivers from whichever one has them. That's to update the Ethernet driver. Hopefully it's the outside line like the tech said.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:25 pm 

Thanks for stopping by to offer some solutions. I will check that out.