I forget the name, it was either Partition Wizard or Partition Magic.
And I've pretty much got cloning down to a recipe:
- Before migrating, install the SSD.
- On the SSD, create a 200MB NTFS partition with the label S:\
- Mark the SSD as "Active" (either using DISKPART or Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage)
- Clone the Windows partition into the SSD
- Open a command prompt as an administrator
- Execute the following command:
Bcdboot D:\Windows /s S:
This is assuming D:\Windows is the Windows partition on the SSD.
- Boot from the SSD.