Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MIDI cable problem?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:19 pm 

I have a Yamaha PSR-270 keyboard that I'm trying to hook up to my Windows 7 system. I'm using a generic USB-to-MIDI cable. I have the correct MIDI driver, which I've downloaded (several times!) from the Yamaha website. When I try to install the driver, however, it refuses to complete the installation, saying that there is no device present! When I checked in Control Panel, it showed a USB to MIDI adapter was present, buit it had an error message saying, "Code 10--this device cannot start." I can't help wondering if this means that the driver will only work with a YAMAHA MIDI-to-USB cable (which costs something like $50!). I also have an old-fashioned MIDI-to serial cable that would connect to the game port on my sound card. However, the driver for that kind of cable apparently foes not support Windows 7 (only up thru XP), so I'd rather not go that route if I don't absolutely have to. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: MIDI cable problem?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:47 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I've had luck with Windows XP drivers on Windows Vista/7 with a wireless adapter. Try it out anyway.

Post subject: Re: MIDI cable problem?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:44 pm 

LatiosXT wrote:
I've had luck with Windows XP drivers on Windows Vista/7 with a wireless adapter. Try it out anyway.

I did try it, and it didn't work! It now looks as though I will have to get a Yamaha MIDI cable, like it or not! :x