Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Browser Keeps Opening to Wrong Monitor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:11 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I have a 42" HDTV and a 26" HD monitor hooked up to my pc. Hi-speed internet to the monitor and I watch media from my pc on the 42".

Once in a while, I while drag and drop video from the 26" to the 42", lots of times this is my browser which runs Firefox.

Let's say I start watching a video on the "Frontline" PBS website. I like it so much, I drag the browser over to the 42" and watch the whole thing on the 42". I even open another Firefox browser on the 26" so I can still go on the internet while watching "Frontline" on the 42".

So everything is great, very happy. I only have one problem. When I close out the browser from the 42" and shut down browsers, when I restart the browser it wants to always open up ON the 42" which I do not want to happen. I always want the browser to open on the monitor.

There has to be a setting that I can alter to make this do what it always did before, which is the browser open on the monitor. The only remedy historically has been leaving the browser open on the monitor long enough where it finally changes. Please help me control this. WE control pc's, they do what they WE tell them to do. Is it a Firefox setting or a Windows setting. Post specs below:

AMDFX 8350 8 Core OC'd to 4.5ghz
AMD Radeon 7970
Windows 7
2 120 gig SSD
2 Seagate 3TB HD's
Antec 850
16 gigs RAM

Post subject: Re: Browser Keeps Opening to Wrong Monitor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:04 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Put the browser in the not-maximized window, drag it to the monitor you want it to open on, close it. Make sure there's only one instance of this open when you do this.

This also applies to every Windows program that can be not-maximized (is there a term for this?)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Thanks for the reply, I will attempt this. I was hoping for an actual setting either in Firefox or Windows to cement things up.....never happens again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:28 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Also caveat: do not maximize the window before closing it. Otherwise it won't work.