Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Log in problem
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:58 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Alright geeks, here's one for you. I'm putting this here since this really isn't hardware related. I also don't think it is Windows related. So I'm not sure where this should go.
Every once in a while when I go to the MPC home page, my auto log in will not be there. What I see is the login/register up in the corner instead of being logged in. Then when I put in the user name and password that I use, it still won't log me in.
I have saved the reset password email that I get every time I have to do the reset. I then input the self same user name and password it had before and now I can log in.
This has been going on for quite a while and seems to only affect the main page and not the forums. I do have to say that there was exactly one time in these many years that I can remember when the main page auto log in worked and the forum auto log in didn't.
Now when I say this has been going on for a while I mean around 4-5 years.
I've changed just about every aspect of my computer during these years. I can honestly say that over the 4-5 years everything has been eventually changed. CPU, GPU, motherboard, memory, drives, modems, etc. So I can't say that it is a hardware issue since it was happening before hardware changes and after.
I've also moved twice in this time frame. So I think ISP issues can be put aside.
I've been using Win 7 and 8 also during these issues. It doesn't happen after I've done any particular thing. It just isn't there one day. So it is not like I use CCleaner/MalWareBytes/HIjackThis and then the log in is gone. Just one day I will try to log in and 'poof' the auto log in won't. The next time it goes away could be weeks or months. But it will one day it will be gone again.
So here is something to ponder, is it on my end or is it on MPC's server end?
It's only a minor PITA but I would like to figure out why it is happening. Oh, and where. Here or MPC servers.

Post subject: Re: Log in problem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Does this happen on any other servers that you belong to forums in? I know that if you run Ccleaner and not save the cookies using Ccleaners cookies option it will clean everything out of your browsers and you will have to log in again.

The other option could be you have a virus messing with your mind. If you should do a nuke and install, rebuild the master boot record before reinstalling windows. Some virii have been known to reside there and when you reload windows it happily restores itself from that location.

Nasty

Post subject: Re: Log in problem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:52 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I can't remember having this problem with other places I log in. Although sometimes an auto log in will not have my credentials in the spaces. But if I then just put them in I can log in.
Not with MPC main page. Once it is not populated, it is gone.

EDIT: I should also add that once the MPC main page auto log in is unpopulated I can't just reinsert my info and log in. I have to do what is essentially a lost password reset. Then I can reinsert my old info and auto log in.