Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 3 Monitors
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:48 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Ok, before I get the generic answer of try Google, I am already searching it.

I have a customer I built a PC for that wants to hook up 3 monitors and duplicate across all three. Couldn't get him to explain why he wants it to run in duplicate, but whatever. I'm trying to figure out the simplest way for them to do this.

He has mismatch monitors which I'm sure is going to make this even more confusing, the only model I know for sure is a BenQ GL2450HM he bought the other week. Also he has an Evga GTX 650Ti Video Card (02G-P4-3651-KR).

Personally I've only ever had 2 monitors hooked up in an expanded desktop, so I wouldn't think duplication across 3 monitors would be out of Windows 7's control but he said he could only get it to duplicate across 2. So I would imagine whats happening is due to one of the monitors having a lower max resolution, it gets disabled when set to duplicate.

I have checked out a few monitor management utilities such as Ultramon and DisplayFusion and ActualTools, but I don't really have time to hook 3 displays up to my home machine to test them out, so if anyone has used a free version of any of the above and could tell me how it worked for you that would be awesome.

Thanks in Advance

Post subject: Re: 3 Monitors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:33 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I've never had 3 displays up and running but I would think Win 7 could handle it, especially since your duplicating (or is it triplicating?) the monitors. My only thought is that you may have to use specific connectors on the card...? Resolution could be a factor...maybe adjust all the monitors to the lowest common resolution...? I don't know, I'm guessing.

But you do have my curiosity piqued. Let us know if you figure it out. If I get a chance, I'll try to scrounge up one more monitor (I have 2) and see if I come up with anything.

Post subject: Re: 3 Monitors
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:32 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Thanks btdog.

I've been summing it over in my head and I think his issue is that one of the monitors is a low end eMachines/Gateway monitor. They might be in today, so I will prob a little deeper. They are really hard to get information out of, they're a little backwoods.