Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My computer hates EA, help please
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:27 pm 

Need some help here. I'm not a huge fan of EA but I do enjoy some of their games. My most recent addiction is simcity. The only problem is that since about 3 months ago my computer wont access the Origin website, or run Origin, or update Origin, or even do a proper fresh install of it. I've tried everything, every other computer, tablet and phone in my house has no problem, just my tower. It's been defragged, cleaned, virus scanned, I put pass-throughs in my firewall for Origin/EA. I even disabled my OC to see if that had any effect. Every time I talk to their live help chat people they just tell my uninstall and do a fresh install from their website and obviously that's not working. when I try to go to the website I get the connection interrupted error in every browser I try (IE, Chrome, and Firefox) but only on this computer. When I try to install the newest version of Origin I get and update error that stops the whole process but still shows that the program installed. When I install an older version, the program runs but does absolutely nothing (the origin store is blank and none of my games show up nor can any be played. If I try to update from the old version, I get the previous error from installing the new update fresh. I tearing my hair out trying to figure this one out. I haven't any other issue with this rig besides this one. I'm more of a hobbyist than an enthusiast so I'm sure I missed something, any help would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: My computer hates EA, help please
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:41 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Have you tried using the Restore option in windows to go back to a time when your Origin program worked?

Sounds like you have some kind of denial of service virus on your system.

Go into Safe Mode with Networking, download, install, update and run the Free Version of Malwarebytes:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

While in Safe Mode, download and run Smitfraudfix. If it wants to update, let it, then run the Clean option:

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

You can also try Kaspersky Emergency Disk, make it on another computer and boot to the disk you made from the image you downloaded:

http://support.kaspersky.com/4162

Nasty