Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OCZ Vector Owners Need Info
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:16 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Was hoping to share temp info with other OCZ Vector owners. Capacity doesn't matter.

I keep my two SSDs separate from the bulk of the material my other mechanical HDs keep so if I have an OS breakdown and/or need a reformat I don't lose any of the TB's of media I have.

I am watching high def video using VLC Player which runs from my Vector SSD and have just noticed it's temp is 53 degrees Celcius. My video card is only running at 44 degrees Celcius now this is SpeedFan reporting these numbers and CCC is backing up at least the 44 C for the video card.

Even at idle right now it's showing 54 C, the Vector SSD. Can't understand this. Can any Vector owners out there reproduce similar results? What are your HD temps at idle? Running?

Post subject: Re: OCZ Vector Owners Need Info
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:24 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Quick question: where's the SSD located?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:29 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

It's installed in the front hard drive cage like all system hard drives are installed the only difference is that the cage it sits in, faces the side of the case the mobo is installed on.

I'm also realizing right now I have it atop all the other drives which includes 3 mechanical hard drives. Good chance the heat from them is affecting the OCZ Vector. Hoping to hear from other Vector owners.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:47 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

WOW.....I adjusted the hard drive fans and got them down REAL slow and guess what happened??? The mechanicals all went up in temp and the SSDs went down. OBVIOUSLY the heat generated from the mechanicals was affecting the temp for the SSDs. Seeing that the SSDs don't make any heat (or very, very little), had to come from somewhere else.

I guess this is the way it'll be for a while.....until we as a whole transfer totally from mechanical to SSDs.

*edit* - just in case it isn't obvious, I will install my SSDs into the bottom of the hard drive cages which I had planned to do before I created my new rig, just got lazy.