Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OWL ORPHANAGE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 am 

I am running Win7 Premium
I recently got an error message when opening up Photoshop called Owl Orphanage. Supposedly it is a bad plugin so I have uninstalled all plugins used by cs5 except one by Topaz labs called FX lab. I tried to uninstall with Revo and it said the topaz uninstaller did not work but it got rid of the name in the program list but the icon is still on desktop and still opens the program and shows in filter menu of cs5. I deleted the registry key in hkey_machine_software and still no luck. I reinstalled the program to see if the uninstaller might fix itself but it didn't. There must be some why of getting this thing gone but have no idea where to look or do it.
Also I have no problem opening the 32 bit CS5 just the 64bit version.
Thanx in advance if anybody has any ideas.

Post subject: Re: OWL ORPHANAGE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:22 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

You've definitely gone thru the right steps. But there must be another registry entry calling the plugin. Do this...

Perform clean boot and then uninstall. Clean boot will help us identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps. After checking the functionality in clean boot, configure Windows to use Normal startup. Refer step 3 from the above link for details.

Check back with your progress.

Post subject: Re: OWL ORPHANAGE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 pm 

Sorry in the delay in getting back , I tried the clean boot and it did not fix any thing but when i went uninstall I first went to the Adobe Extension Manager and found the pixel bender plug-in and it was for Cs4 not 5. I removed it and Cs5 opens fine but still have no idea where that Fxlab is living but it seems to be working fine also.
Thanx for the help it is much appreciated.