Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Windows xp wont detect drivers for new hardware
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:53 am 

When I install any new hardware the new hardware wizard says that there are no drivers found for the device. Even when i browse and select the driver file it won't install. The same devices install on my laptop with no problems. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:37 am 
Northwood
Northwood

a little more info would definitely help. are you re-installing xp? is that computer new that your installing xp on? is this the first time it happened? a little info and ill see what i can do to help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:11 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

What kind of hardware??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:41 am 

furball146 wrote:
What kind of hardware??

windows xp came installed on the computer when i bought it around 1 yr ago. when i try to install my digital camera or a memory stick, or any other thing for that matter, it lets me install the software, then when i plug in the device it says the drivers were not installed and even if i go back through and try to use the disc to get the drivers it says they are not there. i have tried everything i know, which is not alot, but still it wont let me install anything that connects through a usb connection. i have installed a printer/scanner/copier, but it wouldnt install it completely, it prints and scans fine but there is a memory card slot on the printer and it wouldnt install the driver to read the memory card. its comes up as error code 28 on the new hardware wizard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:52 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Have you tried removing the USB controllers and letting windows redetect those before going with the memory card?

If you did, then I'd try going to the actual drivers INF files themselves, right clicking on those and selecting install to force the INFs to update. At that point, it should prompt you for the process to load the particular drivers like we'd expect.