Hello all, Happy New Year!
I recently built a PC
[list=]AMD Anthlon II X3 450 3.2 Ghz
Seagate 2 7200/64MB/TB SATA-6G
Kingston 8GB DDR# 1333MhZ (2x4GB Kit)
Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 460G Micro
Ultra LSP450 450W ATX Power
DVD-RW SATA[/list]

I took the new Harddrive and installed windows 7 and transplanted the Harddrive to the new PC Build.
I put everything together and as I powered on the computer, the Gigabyte Bios Page showed up and went to load Windows, half way through the "Recent Hardware/Software Change" message came up, I tried to log in on the safe mode and nothing, I opted out for putting in the Windows 7 disc to get it repaired, I changed the BIOS to boot from the DVD-ROM.
I powered off and powered on, the DVD-ROM light turns, and then jumps to the harddrive, the screen says rebooting from the DVD/CD but other than the initial read nothing more happens other than the "Recent Hardware/Software Change" screen again, this goes on a ever ending cycle.

I opened the PC and changed the SATA cables around, the motherboard has 6 SATA connections, I reconnected the Harddrive and the SATA DVD-RW. Still the same thing.

I am not sure the DVD-RW is being read, the light turns on when I first power on, I tried to create a bootable flash drive, I found some instructions from WIN-FLASH but they wanted me to install some adware so I opted out.

Any idea on what is going on?

Note: I changed the BIOS(I believe is f12) to do first boot : DVD-ROM. when I hit F9 there is a small summary of the BOOT Menu, it still is on HDD, I try to move the arrows and to DVD-ROM and hit enter and it goes back to the "Recent Hardware/Software Change" screen.

Post subject: Re: new PC Build - "Recent Hardware/Software Change Message"
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

You cannot build windows on one machine and then take it out and install it on another machine. When windows is building it checks all the components on the motherboard. All the components have an ID on a chip, windows uses this compiled data and makes a hash number which is assigned to this machine only so you can activate windows. This is to stop you from using multiple machines using that windows hard drive setup.

Check in your motherboard manual and see if you need to plug the optical drive into a certain sata port to work properly. Some motherboards require this.

In the bios is the DVD set to be the first boot device?

Nasty