Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Microsoft sucks so hard they cannot work with themselves.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:33 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

So i went on new egg not to long back and purchased a rather expensive xbox 360 controller for my pc. I purchased a wireless adapter for it and also a PLUG AND PLAY KIT. when i first received the kit i was running windows 7 64 bit. I used the charger cable and plugged the controller in.. everything worked fine.. and all my games worked fine. I decided to give windows 8 ANOTHER try because i thought i may have been to hard on it last time (i wasnt) and now i got the dvd so i can do a fresh format and install. Windows 8 still sucked. even worse was this..

INSIDE OF WINDOWS 8.. BUILT BY MICROSOFT MY MICROSOFT XBOX 360 controller did not work. Oh it could be the controllers broke.. lucky me i have an XBOX.. and tested it.. ya the controller is fine... so guess its time to go back to windows 7... and the biggest suprise of all is that NOW THE CONTROLLER DOES NOT WORK ON MY PC at all.. windows 7 or 8... .. but it works fine on xbox.. on my pc i install the software.. plug the controller into my pc usb port.,. and press the middle button to get 4 flashing lights.. my pc detects it when its plugged in... installs the software just fine... installs it on my device manager list.. yet somehow Microsoft accessories does not see it.. and i cannot use it in games..

so here i sit.. probably over my new egg warranty by a day or two... out sixty bucks total.. with a huge controller shaped paper weight..

i read some fixes online.. none worked..

im running a amd athlon fx 8350 16 gigs of ram a geforce gtx 560ti superclock and windows 7 ultimate with an ssd..

honestly im gonna get banned by saying it..... but fuck microsoft.. im so angry right now i dont even care.. fuck em right in their money stuffed ass. there is a whole nother problem.. the damn wireless reciever light stopped working in windows 8.. and stayed not working in windows 7...you plug it in and NOTHING.. no light... nothing.. damn thing looks broken.. but its literally brand new

Last edited by Rage1340 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Microsoft sucks so hard they cannot work with themselves
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:30 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

This surprises you? Not me in the least. Sounds like you expected too much from a floundering clusterfuk of a company.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i swear to god if steam EVER gets their entire library on linux i will switch and NEVER look back at the turd that is Microsoft.

I just dont see how microsoft can design a controller for the windows that THEY THEMSELVES MADE and still have it not work.

Microsoft has done nothing but go downhill from windows 7.. and honestly the next respectable option that comes along will probably put a bullet in the company's head.

they have tried to hard to expand to other areas other than operating systems.. they tried to broaden their appeal.. but they only served to hammer a few more nails in their own coffin.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:53 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Rage1340 wrote:
Microsoft has done nothing but go downhill from the time Balmer was put in charge..

Fixed something for you.

Where oh where are you Bill? We need you to come back and fix a few things. Pretty please????

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:25 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Funny, I bought myself a 360 controller to use on my PC last week. Works like a champ. If you bought the wireless version with a charging pack, the USB cable only exists to charge the battery. You have to buy either the wired one or a wireless receiver for the PC.

EDIT: Ah yes, I see you did buy the wireless adapter. Welp, don't know what to tell you then.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Did you fully update win 8 when you installed it?

Did you fully update win 7 when you installed it?

A lot of people don't and wonder why things don't work, this is why I am asking.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

And in regards to driver installation, especially USB pluggable ones, don't plug the device in until the drivers have been installed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

When i purchased the controller i purchased the controller with the plug and play kit. so i had the option of wireless play or wired play.. when i received the controller it installed and played fine wired or wireless...
a few weeks later i upgraded to the windows 8 dvd i just received in the mail. One day i wanted to play a controller game (everything was unplugged and had never been plugged into the windows 8 pc) so i installed the software and fully updated my windows live.. my pc was fully updated and all drivers fully updated. the software installed perfectly... the message telling me i had just installed the controller came up.. and device manager showed me having a microsoft controller installed.. the controller however did not work and was not detected at all by microsoft accessories. and was undetected by anything else. When you would press the middle button the four lights would flash..

i then went back to windows 7 because windows 8 sucks and broke my controller. so here i am back at windows 7.. fully updated.. full everything drivers and all.. even updated bios.. i install the system software from the website.. and now i have the same issue i had with 8.. no controller. i try again and again to get it to work but nothing..

My final hope is that some have said a simple fresh reinstall and simply plugging in the controller without the software will make it work..

i know the controller is not broken because it runs on the xbox just fine.. perfectly fine.. i cannot tell you how pathetic it is to have a microsoft product has THIS hard of a time working with another microsoft product. they should be sued for their incompetence.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Okay, then stick with Windows 7 and take a chill pill.

If you wanted to sue a company for impotence like this, there are many other companies that would be more productive to do this before you've reached Microsoft. Like, oh I don't know, Sony?