Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Norton Ghost 2003 not seeing my burner HELP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:53 am 

I have a Plextor PX-W4012ta cd burner. When I try to burn directly to CD in DOS version of Ghost, my burner does not appear in the drop down menu. When I check the cd burner in device manager the words SCSI Cd-rom device appears next to the burner name, but I do not think my burner is scsi. I dont have a scsi adapter and the burner is connected directly to the motherboard with an IDE ribbon. Can anyone help me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:03 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Using an nForce2 mobo? Read through this thread and see if the same tips apply (ultimately, retrieving the latest mainboard drivers):

IDE-SCSI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:43 am 

My motherboard is actually an ASUS a7v266-e. I went to the website and downloaded the latest update, but it still shows as SCSI next to the burner under device manager. Would this be the reason for my problem? I don't have any type of scsi adapter, so have no idea why it would be showing up like that. In the manual it says nothing about SCSI so I am assuming it is not. Could it be connected wrong inside my computer? I don't know what would be causing my burner not to show up in DOS version of ghost. The burner works fine in windows.

I also have another totally different computer with the same exact burner and it does not show scsi cd-rom device under when I check under device manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:08 am 

I finally fixed my problem. The cd burner was plugged into the second pair of IDE slots on the motherboard and the cd-rom was in the secondary slot of the first pair. I simply switched them and now the cd-rom shows up as an scsi device in device manager but, the burner now appears in ghost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:09 pm 

Does Nortons Ghost 2003 work with SATA drives? The program won't start whenever a SATA drive is pluged into my computer