Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Corsair H80i issues
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm 

I know this is a relatively new product. This is a shot in the dark, but just seeing if anyone has had similar issues as I and have found a solution. My new Corsair H80i cooler is not recognized in Windows after installing the Corsair Link software. The drivers fail to install, so the Link software does not make adjustments because the device is not found. I have tried remedies I've found on the interwebs, such as plugging the device into another usb header while the pc is on... to no avail. I've posted on Corsair's forums with no solution to my issue. They respond quicker by trolling a review I left, rather than fixing an issue affecting many.

http://amzn.to/VN3s1h

I turn to you, great pc gurus, for assistance. Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Corsair H80i issues
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:02 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

There is a a firmware update, did you apply it and is the software you installed version 2.2?

http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series- ... ooler.html

Nasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:19 pm 

Thank you for the quick reply! I know the link software is the latest version, as I got it from their site. (no install cd included, good practice I'd say) I'll double-check the firmware once I'm at the machine late tonight and report back. From what I've found, upgrading the firmware is also a chore. Downgrading link to 1.2, then update fw, update link to 2.2 or something. I was concerned because some folks on the support forums had issues with newer firmware and had to roll back. If that's my only option, c'est la vie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:08 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

The firmware is the latest, then I've heard of Corsair Link software acting wonky with usb 3.0 drivers. It appears the drivers are not yet fully baked and initialization doesn't always occur. If possible plug your mouse and keyboard into 2.0 ports, and do so on the mainboard not the case. Check if that is a fix.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm 

Thanks for your reply, but I'm a bit confused. The H80i only connects with internal usb 2.0 connectors. I've tried suggestions such as swapping out connections while in Windows to reinitialize driver installation. This has not worked. I do have my mouse and keyboard plugged into usb 2.0 ports from the motherboard already.

Edit:
Apologies kleinkinstein, I misinterpreted your post. Looking over it again I see what you're saying. I just couldn't fathom that Corsair would release drivers that a usb 3.0 device would be its Kryptonite...

I removed every usb device that wasn't mission critical, leaving me my mouse and keyboard in usb 2.0 ports. I also have a media reader that uses my motherboard's internal usb 3.0 header, I disconnected that as well. I uninstalled Corsair Link, rebooted the machine, and then reinstalled Link. Readings come up as normal and there are no notifications of missing drivers. We shall see what happens once my usb 3.0 devices are plugged back in... should be fun.

Thank you all again for your assistance. After this experience with their customer support this may be the last Corsair product I purchase though. :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Give them a phone call and explain what you did to get their drivers installed. This may give the crew that writes their software a clue as what to do to fix the mess they are in.

Let us know if when you plugged in the usb 3.0 devices whether or not it worked.

Nasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:58 pm 

So far I haven't seen any issues after installing my usb 3.0 devices. After all the "help" they gave me with the defective H80 and now the H80i issues... I'm done talking with Corsair.