-I'm new to these forums so let me introduce myself, my name is Amélie, nearly 18 years old, from Europe and currently studying medicine.
- please help me, I need this computer to study because it has all my files and projects, it started freezing after installing ati drivers,
please read my steps:
1 - Yesterday, my pc was running very fine, Uninstalled amd drivers to reinstall them, in the middle of uninstallation the screen went wrong (colors badly displayed: white/black and random colors everywhere). after uninstalling rebooted pc, reinstalled latest drivers = colors back normal.
2 - pc worked for an hour to two, started a game (saint's row 3), main menu was fine, in the loading the pc freezed with brown screen, and had to long press power to shut it down. tried another games later, same problem
3 - now when turning pc on, sometimes the screen is displayed wrong, white lines behind the mouse, they stay the same and never move or disepear. but when starting a game the pc freezes.
sometimes when starting pc, the lines come, sometimes they don't: when pc starts with them they stay, when pc starts without them they don't appear until starting a game and pc crashes.
* the lines always when they come, they start after the windows loading logon step. never before, and safe mode always works perfectly.
Things I tried to fix the issue:
- reinstalled drivers / completly removed them and installed latest ones / completly removed and installed original ones from original cd (same problem)
- reinstalled windows!! = pc worked fine, until the step I installed the ati drivers and rebooted pc, pc froze after the windows logon loading step.
- checked temperatures of all my computer parts, checked fan speeds and voltages, everything fine.
- tried a cpu, gpu stress test and it worked fine, I even let gpu temperature go to 80c and fan was running at top speed, no problem,
played 4 full hd movies at the same time to test if gpu crashes and it did not. played a heavy flash game and it did not crash. but when starting a normal game, even windows titans chess, the whole pc freezes.
Please I need this pc to study so badly, especially when I'm having exams this week before christmas vacations.
Thanks a lot for reading, I would really appreciate and thank you if you help me.