Well, it's all fixed!
I tried burning a CD using Roxio, and it worked fine. So it had to be something in Windows.
I went through the links you sent, and while I didn't click on any of the Mr. Fixits, I read through what they were supposed to look for, and one of them suggested checking to see if the Recording tab in the drive's Properties page was present. I checked mine, and the Recording tab was there, but to my supprise, the box to "Enable CD recording on this drive" was unchecked.
How it got unchecked is a mystery to me. I can't remember ever being on the drive's properties page. I checked the box, and everything's working just as before.
All that work for a simple check box. Oh well, at least it working again and I can send those trace logs again.
Thanks for not giving up on this. Without those links you sent, God only know how long I may have been working on this, or to what extremes I may have gone.