Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Really weird issue (freezing)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Ok so this one has me really stumped. The computer freezed at 2:00 AM every morning. The only changes were changing to new memory and bitdefender.

Here is the scoop:

- 3 weeks ago the customer was infected. I removed the virus from the computer and he is 100% compleatly clean.

-He bought the full version of Malwarebytes and that is installed and working just fine. He wanted bitdefender on the computer too but could not install due to the lack of RAM. Ram was bought from crushial.com using their detector; old RAM was removed.

- So 2 weeks went by keep in mind not a single issue since the virus removal. The RAM was installed and Bitdefender 2013 2 weeks after the issue.

- Every day at 2 AM the computer freezed. The customer has had Fbackup on the computer for months now and that is the time the backup runs. I have already removed Fbackup including all registry entries and reinstalled....still freezing. If I run Fbackup manually it works fine. If I set it on a schedgule say 30 min later just to test it works fine. 2 AM not fine?

- I removed bitdefender today so I'll find out if that was causing an interfearance tonight.....however, let's say it isn't....what the heck would cause the freezing every morning exactly at 2 AM. Again the only changes was adding memory and the AV program then the problem occured. I will test the memory if still freezed but if not the memory then what the F can it be?

Post subject: Re: Really weird issue (freezing)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Quote:
If I set it on a schedule say 30 min later just to test it works fine. 2 AM not fine?

Looks as though you found a bug in their software. I would make them aware of it.

Nasty