512 mb 266 fsb
1.download a new version of a program
2. delete the old program ( offline)
3. computer keep auto restart without warning or errors(even at safe mode)
4. sometime auto restart after login to window or sometime just half way and sometime even just after bios or during bios setup
finlly able to use system restore but samething happen, auto restart none stop
5. finally able to using xp setup cd to try to reinstall, half way to installation, computer keep hangs.
6. try a few times, no more video only power when click power or restart pc.
any idea whats going on??
fedup then using a new board, same amd 2000xp with 512memory
cant install xp , load eveything and said xp is ready to setup, it hangs theres. same as in 98se setup..
using a new memory, able to setup 98se. put the memory out and swtich back to old, able to load to winse and upgrade to xp
any idea why?
using memtest98, test over 20 hours and all test, no error found..
possible my soyo board is dead? memory have problem? or cpu or all combine?
before this happen, i use right click on the folder and encrypt , xp didnt ask me to type in password and everything is ok, can do everything but now after i finally able to make xp work again. i cant access these files . its in my other physical drive other than my os drive. cant do anything, keep saying access denied...any idea to decrypt this folder??
What program did you update and delete old version? Use the CD, boot to it and see if you can get into Recovery Console. If you can type in (without "") "chkdsk /r" this will check the hdd and registry for problems.
At my work, I have encountered reboots similar to yours. A stop message will appear and immediately disappear to quickly to read in some situations. This chkdsk /r repairs the problem 90% of the time.