Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: all types of problems/error, need expert help??
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:51 am 

amd 2000xp
soyo sy-k7ada
512 mb 266 fsb
winxp professional

1.download a new version of a program
2. delete the old program ( offline)
3. computer keep auto restart without warning or errors(even at safe mode)
4. sometime auto restart after login to window or sometime just half way and sometime even just after bios or during bios setup
finlly able to use system restore but samething happen, auto restart none stop
5. finally able to using xp setup cd to try to reinstall, half way to installation, computer keep hangs.
6. try a few times, no more video only power when click power or restart pc.

any idea whats going on??

fedup then using a new board, same amd 2000xp with 512memory
cant install xp , load eveything and said xp is ready to setup, it hangs theres. same as in 98se setup..

any idea?

using a new memory, able to setup 98se. put the memory out and swtich back to old, able to load to winse and upgrade to xp

any idea why?

using memtest98, test over 20 hours and all test, no error found..

possible my soyo board is dead? memory have problem? or cpu or all combine?

before this happen, i use right click on the folder and encrypt , xp didnt ask me to type in password and everything is ok, can do everything but now after i finally able to make xp work again. i cant access these files . its in my other physical drive other than my os drive. cant do anything, keep saying access denied...any idea to decrypt this folder??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:38 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Have you tried setting it up with just the basics needed to boot?

If not do that and then if it boots fine and seems like its not being flaky, add the components back in until the problem rears its head and that is your source.

As far as accessing your files I thought encryption required a password. I guess I could be wrong on that.

Did you try to take back ownership and see if that works?

Process of taking files back.

Post subject: Re: all types of problems/error, need expert help??
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:44 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

kangwei wrote:
amd 2000xp
soyo sy-k7ada
512 mb 266 fsb
winxp professional

1.download a new version of a program
2. delete the old program ( offline)
3. computer keep auto restart without warning or errors(even at safe mode)
4. sometime auto restart after login to window or sometime just half way and sometime even just after bios or during bios setup
finlly able to use system restore but samething happen, auto restart none stop
5. finally able to using xp setup cd to try to reinstall, half way to installation, computer keep hangs.
6. try a few times, no more video only power when click power or restart pc.

any idea whats going on??

fedup then using a new board, same amd 2000xp with 512memory
cant install xp , load eveything and said xp is ready to setup, it hangs theres. same as in 98se setup..

any idea?

using a new memory, able to setup 98se. put the memory out and swtich back to old, able to load to winse and upgrade to xp

any idea why?

using memtest98, test over 20 hours and all test, no error found..

possible my soyo board is dead? memory have problem? or cpu or all combine?

before this happen, i use right click on the folder and encrypt , xp didnt ask me to type in password and everything is ok, can do everything but now after i finally able to make xp work again. i cant access these files . its in my other physical drive other than my os drive. cant do anything, keep saying access denied...any idea to decrypt this folder??

What program did you update and delete old version? Use the CD, boot to it and see if you can get into Recovery Console. If you can type in (without "") "chkdsk /r" this will check the hdd and registry for problems.

At my work, I have encountered reboots similar to yours. A stop message will appear and immediately disappear to quickly to read in some situations. This chkdsk /r repairs the problem 90% of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:14 pm 

thanx for the reply.
i even try to use only my cpu/motherboard/and momory only and still no video after click power. using memtest seems to make me feel that my memory beam is ok and my cpu is ok too cause it work after in a new board but just cant install window.new momory beam can install win98se and swtich to old memory beam can even upgrade to xp..ans then seem to work..weird..no other cpu and memory to test my soyo board..cause all my friend using wintel machine and not win amd..

the program o download have no cd version. its like aol's aim and msn's messenger..its call tencent qq/exploer..not many people using it in the states but many use it in asia..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:58 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

"i even try to use only my cpu/motherboard/and momory only and still no video after click power."

Install a video card and connect the monitor cables. Install video drivers if necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:04 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Issues that you have are indications of a defective CPU. Have you tried replacing the proc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:57 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

When you installed the CPU, did you use Artic Silver thermal compound....you didn't say in your first post that you did. The reboots could be from no compound and you are overheating the CPU.

Here is where you can find the Artic Silver and FOLLOW the instructions very carefully on how to use it.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/

Nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:39 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

kangwei wrote:
thanx for the reply.
i even try to use only my cpu/motherboard/and momory only and still no video after click power. using memtest seems to make me feel that my memory beam is ok and my cpu is ok too cause it work after in a new board but just cant install window.new momory beam can install win98se and swtich to old memory beam can even upgrade to xp..ans then seem to work..weird..no other cpu and memory to test my soyo board..cause all my friend using wintel machine and not win amd..

the program o download have no cd version. its like aol's aim and msn's messenger..its call tencent qq/exploer..not many people using it in the states but many use it in asia..

Try a different video card or monitor. This is the basics of troubleshooting to find out what component is causing the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:42 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

kangwei wrote:
thanx for the reply.

Try a different video card or monitor. This is the basics of troubleshooting to find out what component is causing the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:47 pm 

i try all known diagnostic to find which hardwares giving me the troubles and cant determine what cause the auto rebooting..my cpu seems working fine with a new motherboard with old memory except cant install windows.
1. with new memory can install win98se
2. use old memory again, can even upgrade to xp
3. using mem test and find no problem/errors
4. just no amd cpu to test my motherboard..
5. my cpu have the white stuff to cool down cpu with heat sink and fans..
6. i even put a table fan to lower the heat --open tower..
7. with old motherboard/cpu/memory/video card and cable--from having video but after a few bad reinstallation of xp and restart computer..no more video even after a few day didnt start computer..all dead except for power.
8. now with new motherboard just cant install window but with new memory can install but switch back to old memory. eventhing seems working fine..weird??

before this hapen, i am using xp, by right click the one folder, then properties/advance. i click the encryptic option and ok, xp didnt ask me
for password but the folder's font turns to green and i can access all files inside it.

when install xp, it ask what name use for the computer, i use wackit. my username is kangwei and after installation, system generals calims the xp register to kangwei and wackit.

when i upgrade xp from my new motherboard after these damn auto rebootings. i use holyshit as the name for the computer so at system general said this xp is reister to kangwei@holyshit

now i cant open and files in the folder, even after claiming ownership, i still cant access.
1. when i try copy and paste, access denied
2. when right click the files, detail claim the files is register to kangwei@wackit with a certificate number. i try add kangwei @holyshit, xp not allow me to do it, i try delete the old certificate but denied.
should i reinstall xp and using wackit as the computer name to match the name in the certificate? but certificate giving randomly right?? will the old certificate register in my old motherboard?? all this problems are killing me..

nothing work..help!! i need the folder and all those files..