Hello there, guys.
I want to thank you guys again for taking the time to help me, it is much appreciated. To begin, I definitely should have added more information, but was too tired to think properly after a few hours of trying to make this S.S.D. work. Here is the info.
My computer specs:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 4 Quad
GPU: Two Crossfired 7970s
Drives: A DVD and Blu-Ray drive both from Asus.
S.S.D.: Vertex 4 M Edition 512GB
PSU: 1000 Watts.
Operating system: Ubuntu 12.04
My current troubleshooting steps:
- I have disabled both physically and in BIOS the SATA ports for the Blu-Ray and DVD drive by both separating them by cable from the motherboard and by disabling the SATA ports in BIOS/CMOS in order to get the S.S.D. working - no luck.
- The S.S.D. is on the FIRST SATA port for SATA III.
- I have formated, made the disk (S.S.D.) an entire partitioned disk, and "cleaned" out the drive by intitializing command prompt inside of the WIndows installer and using DISKPART to format, partition, and clean the disk out.
- I have updated the BIOS to the latest version that Asus has released.
What I plan to try:
- I am going to try to update the firmware on the OCZ Vertex 4 S.S.D.
- Pray to the PC gods.
Here are pictures I recently took, per your guys request. They are pictures of the installation issue.http://i.imgur.com/0t8NJ.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ai7Ei.jpg
Thank you guys so much. You've helped me before when I finally needed help, so thank you all again in this community for your support.
I will try your new suggestion to get the AHCI new updates from Asus.