Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Corrupted Files. :(
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:08 pm 

I recently checked my photos folder, and to my dismay, about 20% of them appear to be corrupted. The files are still there, with their original JPG size, but there is no other properties, and trying to open them gets me a failed to load message. Is there anyway to recover these?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:15 pm 

ive seen that same problem with mp3 files. in my case it was caused by a virus. you might want to update your virus defs and scan your pc for starters.

Post subject: Re: Corrupted Files. :(
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:51 am 
I am not my computer's stats
I am not my computer's stats

Might be a few things...

Also from now on, please post your computer specifications (Computer manufacturer, model, and Operating System) for us to better help you.

1) As the above poster said, it could be virus related. Download the latest virus definitions for your AntiVirus program. Then do a full system scan and see if it picks up anything.

As I said, I need more information about your computer to give you more steps onto figuring this out. Get back soon.

Post subject: Re: Corrupted Files. :(
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:27 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

PostOfHeaven2 wrote:
I recently checked my photos folder, and to my dismay, about 20% of them appear to be corrupted. The files are still there, with their original JPG size, but there is no other properties, and trying to open them gets me a failed to load message. Is there anyway to recover these?

Do a search on www.simtel.net for Handy Recovery 1.0. This is a data recovery program that I have been testing is been having very good results with.

There is also a trial version of Handy Recovery 2.0 that allows you to recover a file once a day for 30 days. This one has recovered files that version 1.0 cannot recover for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:18 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I would go to the hard drive's manufacturing site, look for the drive utility and download and run it. You may have a few bad sectors on your drive. Also go to the command line and type chkdsk /r to fix any files that may need repair.

Nasty