Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:12 pm 

ok, long story short, i was playing around in my BIOS and i acedintally saved changes instead of discarding them, not sure what happened but now my PC won't boot, it turns on normal then the screen just stayes blank, only thing i can think of is that i overclocked my FSB or my CPU unintentionally, chaintech has the shittiest manual i have ever seen for a mobo, in short i need to flash my bios, but they offer no info on how to go about that, my comp is this...

amdathlon xp 3000+
512 ddr 3200 (400)
Radeon 9800Pro 256 mb
Chaintech via kt600 mobo

any help is most apriceated, please don't hassle me with "haha your supid" posts

thanks

Post subject: Re: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:19 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

redslurpee wrote:
ok, long story short, i was playing around in my BIOS and i acedintally saved changes instead of discarding them, not sure what happened but now my PC won't boot, it turns on normal then the screen just stayes blank, only thing i can think of is that i overclocked my FSB or my CPU unintentionally, chaintech has the shittiest manual i have ever seen for a mobo, in short i need to flash my bios, but they offer no info on how to go about that, my comp is this...

amdathlon xp 3000+
512 ddr 3200 (400)
Radeon 9800Pro 256 mb
Chaintech via kt600 mobo

any help is most apriceated, please don't hassle me with "haha your supid" posts

thanks

DOOOH!!! i've done that.

ok first try this hold "insert" key while powering on (hopefully that will get you in)

if not open case and reset cmos (disconnect power cord first).

you will have to correct you BIOS entries from default have resetting cmos (make sure you put the cmos reset jumper back to the normal posistion before turning PC back on after reset.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:21 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

ha ha ur stupid ... heh heh, nah, i think THIS is ur mobo, if it is, u can download the manual there, there should be a jumper somewhere on the mobo that u can take off or move to another pin for a few seconds (with ur computer off) and it should flash ur bios.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:01 pm 

maddingo wrote:
redslurpee wrote:

amdathlon xp 3000+
512 ddr 3200 (400)
Radeon 9800Pro 256 mb
Chaintech via kt600 mobo

thanks

DOOOH!!! i've done that.

ok first try this hold "insert" key while powering on (hopefully that will get you in)

if not open case and reset cmos (disconnect power cord first).

you will have to correct you BIOS entries from default have resetting cmos (make sure you put the cmos reset jumper back to the normal posistion before turning PC back on after reset.)

thanks soooooooooooooo much, it solved the problem, thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:13 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

redslurpee wrote:
thanks soooooooooooooo much, it solved the problem, thanks again.

you are most welcome, I'm glad to help

it is not a good feeling when you make that bios change and then it won't boot :D oh well (in my experince anyway) after the first time the no boot thing doesn't Scare you so much.

anyway Peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:07 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

HELP!!! OH HELP!! Grrrrrr...