Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: cpu running at 100% almost solved
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:56 am 

I had a post about my cpu that runs at 100% all the time. The task manager and Process Explorer showed nothing abnormally high so i started in safe mode to see and the cpu still was at 100% and it was. Then i went to msconfig and turned on the diagnostic start up with just basic services running and the cpu was fine. My question now is how to find the service that is causing the problem? Would I go back to msconfig and shut off things in the services tab and reboot to see if it worked?

Post subject: Re: cpu running at 100% almost solved
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 am 
Willamette
Willamette

When you go into the Services tab in the System Configuration Utility (msconfig), check the box at the bottom of the tab that is labelled "Hide all Microsoft services" first and then see what is left and go from there. However, rather than uncheck them in the Services tab in msconfig, take note of all the non-Microsoft services in that tab (list them all on a piece of paper) then exit the System Configuration Utility window. Then go into the Control Panel (in Classic View), then go to Administrative Tools, then to Services. In the Services window, look for the non-Microsoft services that you found in the System Configuration Utility window, and see what each one does, then stop the ones you feel are unnecessary (if they are not already stopped, that is).

Post subject: Re: cpu running at 100% almost solved
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 am 

thanx pcstudent will give that a try