Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Solved One Problem And Started Another
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:00 am 

A new mother board has solved my "slow to wake up from sleep mode" issue but now another has just surfaced. Nothing has changed other than the motherboard. Windows 8.1 registered the new board, quick phone call to activate Windows and I'm back up and running. Now however, my monitor powers down at one minute. I've changed the power settings from the control panel and it doesn't make a difference. Looked in advanced settings for the power plan (balanced) and for some reason it was showing 5 minutes for turning off the display instead of the 20 minutes I had set. Changed it to 20 minutes and the monitor still shut off at one minute. The CPU enters sleep mode at the appointed time. I changed the power options to the default settings but the monitor still shuts off after a minute. I don't know where else to look. Monitor driver is current (ViewSonic 27"). Monitor power down was working correctly before installing the new motherboard. I've updated the UEFI and chipset drivers, etc. There are no yellow alerts showing in Device Manager.

Post subject: Re: Solved One Problem And Started Another
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 pm 

Problem solved. It was a blank screen saver set to activate at one minute. I haven't used screen savers for years now and it never occurred to me that one was active. Must have been set by a theme I installed. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:41 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

And isn't it lovely the one it set to was "blank screen"? Seems like a nice prank to pull on someone :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:51 pm 

Can't think of any other reason someone would have included that screen saver with their theme. I'll be a bit more careful from now on when installing a theme.