Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Display Driver crashes...maybe?Help pls, ty.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 am 
Million Club
Million Club

I've been having this issue alot lately when I play DayZ (an ARMA 2 mod) and mostly any other graphically "intense" game.
When entering a server usually within 5 seconds the screen will go black sound goes out, it comes back on in like 1-2seconds but no more audio in games. If I tab out of the games I dont see the Windows msg for Display Driver not responding. It will also like "artifact" i guess...objects and whatnot will have way different, almost neon colors and will flash.
Basically it seems to me as though my vid cards (2x 560Ti) arent kicking in fully, i dont hear/see the fans speeding up as it usually does when I enter games Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia driver but no help. To fix it I just restart and shutdown until it comes back sometimes it only takes 1, somtimes its multiple. Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

Post subject: Re: Display Driver crashes...maybe?Help pls, ty.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:33 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Try uninstalling the driver this way:

Shut off the antivirus!

Use the uninstall in the Control Panel to uninstall the driver and say no to reboot.

Delete the driver folder and empty the recycle bin.

Install Ccleaner and run the "registry" section of the program and fix all problems, save when it asks you to. Now you have a backup in case it took something you needed....never has for me and I have been using this program forever.

Restart the machine.

Cancel both popups.

Shut off the antivirus.

Install the new driver, reboot when prompted.

If this series of steps don't fix your issue, one or more of the video cards may be bad.

To check which one it is, you will have to pull one out of the pc, then run a game. If the issue persists, switch cards and try running the game again. If the issue goes away, you know which card is bad. If the issue persists you can try the cards in another machine to see if in fact it is the cards or not. You must shut down the machine and pull the plug from the wall each time you either pull the first card or exchanged it to try the other card.

If you still have problems, try switching out the psu to see if the cards are getting low voltage.

Nasty