Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: System crashing - need help please
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:09 am 

Hi friends,

I've got a very nicely performing system that was recently built as described below. The system performs very well for work with heavy Excel usage, watching videos for fun, and for playing Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends.

Unfortunately, I've found that there are two games which cause consistent system crashing followed by auto-restart. There is no BSOD or any opportunity to perform any activities. The system hard crashes, and just restarts.

The system crashes consistently within just a few minutes of play on Tribes Ascend during gameplay, and within seconds of playing a cut scene in Guild Wars 2.

So, I've concluded that the system has a serious problem running games of a certain graphical intensity. I would guess that there is a need to resolve the problem I'm experiencing with these two games and to not continue to purchase games only to have the same result. GW2 was sixty bucks, so as I'm sure you guys can understand, I feel that it's time to get to work on resolving this problem rather than to just hope that other games will work and that the problem lies only with these two games - unlikely.

The system CPU runs at about 35 to 38 degrees during gaming.

The system SSD runs at a consistent 45 degrees during gaming.

The system GPU runs at a consistent 45 degrees during gaming.

These temps are according to a digital readout on a screen on the case.

At the behest of the GW2 installer, I have updated the NVIDIA graphic driver to a latest beta release. The system exhibited crashing on Tribes ascend prior to installing this NVIDIA driver beta release on the latest stable NVIDIA drivers, so the choice of NVIDIA driver doesn't appear to be the problem.

I don't know how to produce a system crash dump report, but I suppose that would be helpful to provide. If it is requested, I will either follow instructions given here on how to provide one, or I will Google the procedure and provide one.

Here are the system specs:

• Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 1066MHz 8MB LGA775 CPU

ASUS P5B-VM SE LGA 775 Intel G965 Express Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Apevia 600 Watt PSU

• BCC MID-TOWER ATX W/TEMP CONTROL LCD (BLACK)

• 20X DVD-RW DUAL LAYER W/LIGHTSCRIBE

• 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB CACHE (HIGH PERFORMANCE)

Intel 330 Series Solid-State Drive 120 GB SATA 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch - SSDSC2CT120A3K5

Sparkle NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti

• DUAL CHANNEL 4GB (4x1GB) DDR-2 667MHZ PC-5400

Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition.

I'd greatly appreciate some help with this problem guys. Thanks a lot