Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Printer and its documents will not delete in Windows Vista
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 am 
Willamette
Willamette

My sister has an HP Deskjet F380 AIO USB printer that is attached to a Windows XP Professional SP3 computer. She has been unable to get her HP laptop computer (which has Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 as its OS) to print with this printer wirelessly, despite the fact that the Windows XP computer is always on. So I attempted to add the printer by having it autodetect the printer through the IP address of the Windows XP computer (it is assigned the IP address of 192.168.1.106 via her ISP-provided router). After the printer is detected, I am asked for the proper driver for the printer, and I select the HP Deskjet F300 series driver that is included in the list of drivers, and it appears that the printer is ready for use. However, when I try to print a test page to confirm that the printer is working, I receive an error (after about a minute or two) telling me that the test page did not print successfully and the document shows in the printer's document queue. When I attempt to cancel printing the document, it fails to remove the document from the queue, and I am also unable, as a result, to delete the printer from the Printers window in Windows Vista. What gives? Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any and all helpful suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Printer and its documents will not delete in Windows Vis
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:30 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Use this driver instead. Once installed, you can uninstall the previous version.

Post subject: Re: Printer and its documents will not delete in Windows Vis
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:40 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Under "Updates" there is a fix available for this problem, it is the second update in the quay.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... 28296#N219

Nasty