1. update sound drivers
2. go to windows props and go to sound.
- in the advanced, change it to a surround sound system (there are pics to help you out)
3. there is probably a program that came with the drivers. run the program, and make sure it says 5.1 system. the color coded connections may not be the same becuase ports can double as other ports
4. just start to put plugs in random holes..you may get it that way
5. buy a dedicated sound card
Be nice jason
You have 3 posts, your website is IE centric, you failed to state if you are even using 5.1 compliant components (other than the MB) - one could assume you have a 5.1 system - I guess. I guess we can assume you are using the onboard realtech stuff - etc....
I guess the point is , don't take your frustrations out on folks that are trying to help you for free. Here you have one more answer than you have anyplace else.
And thats just so far