Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FIC AU13 5.1 Channel audio woes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:05 am 

I purchased a FIC AU13 MOBO about 6 months ago and I until recently had no need for 5.1 Channel audio. I purchased a set of Logitech 5300 5.1 speakers and decided to pop open my case and set the right jumpers/wires to accommodate 5.1 audio on my board. I referenced my FIC "User Manual", accompanied by horrid English translation, to help me with the process. Well, it appears that the user manual's diagram doesn't match some of wires that attach to the board. In fact, they list more wires than are actually available and some labels don't even match the wires properly.

I was able to get my left and right front and rear speakers working but my center speaker and subwoofer don't have any output. I sent two emails to FIC tech support, called twice with a wait time of 30 minutes with no help, and lastly left a message with my problem with tech's voice mail and never received a response from anyone. DOOM 3 is around the corner and I want my surround sound without having to purchase a additional PCI sound card. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason Burnam
Atlanta, GA
www.designbleed.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:40 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

1. update sound drivers

2. go to windows props and go to sound.
- in the advanced, change it to a surround sound system (there are pics to help you out)

3. there is probably a program that came with the drivers. run the program, and make sure it says 5.1 system. the color coded connections may not be the same becuase ports can double as other ports

4. just start to put plugs in random holes..you may get it that way

5. buy a dedicated sound card

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:23 pm 

Your wasted your time with your reply. Clearly you didn't read the post.

BiggPa wrote:
1. update sound drivers

- in the advanced, change it to a surround sound system (there are pics to help you out)

3. there is probably a program that came with the drivers. run the program, and make sure it says 5.1 system. the color coded connections may not be the same becuase ports can double as other ports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:21 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

BiggPa wrote:
1. update sound drivers

Be nice jason

You have 3 posts, your website is IE centric, you failed to state if you are even using 5.1 compliant components (other than the MB) - one could assume you have a 5.1 system - I guess. I guess we can assume you are using the onboard realtech stuff - etc....

I guess the point is , don't take your frustrations out on folks that are trying to help you for free. Here you have one more answer than you have anyplace else.

And thats just so far :)

Manta