Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Acer Aspire One netbook won't boot up
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:29 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

I have an Acer Aspire one of a friends and it will not boot up. I can't seem to figure what the problem is. He restarted the netbook after installing his wireless providers programs and it went to boot up and did nothing. No boot screen, no sounds, no screen nothing.
I can here the harddrive and fan running inside the netbook, but it does nothing. The power light is on but nothing. I've tried everything I could think of. I removed the battery and tried to boot up and then removed the power cord and tried to boot up. I disassembled it to make sure all wires were connected and removed the CMOS in order to reset the bios. There seem to be some wires from the keyboard and the monitor that look like they've been crimped but don't look like they are broke or anything. Everything seems to be in order inside of the netbook
I hooked up a monitor to the external serial port to see if it was just the screen that was messed up but I still get nothing. The monitor just keeps saying it's disconnected. So the netbook isn't even registering that the external monitor is connected.
Has anyone else had this problem? please let me know. Oh, and I tried to use different power cords but still the same problem.

Post subject: Re: Acer Aspire One netbook won't boot up
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:48 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Make sure the ram is all the way home in its socket. No ram no boot.

Are there any beep codes at all when you turn it on?

Nasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:55 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Nastyman wrote:
Make sure the ram is all the way home in its socket. No ram no boot.

Are there any beep codes at all when you turn it on?

Nasty

Checked the ram and everything when I disassembled it. No beeps at all. I can hear the fan and the harddrive running but nothing else happens except it shows the battery charging via the light and the power light. But nada anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:30 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I think I would remove the hard drive and use a desktop pc to extract any data you deem important, reinstall it in the laptop and send it back to Acer to be repaired if the laptop is worth the bother. It sounds like either the video chip quit or another component on the motherboard quit.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:54 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Compaqsonly wrote:
I have an Acer Aspire one of a friends and it will not boot up. I can't seem to figure what the problem is. He restarted the netbook after installing his wireless providers programs and it went to boot up and did nothing. No boot screen, no sounds, no screen nothing.
I can here the harddrive and fan running inside the netbook, but it does nothing. The power light is on but nothing. I've tried everything I could think of. I removed the battery and tried to boot up and then removed the power cord and tried to boot up. I disassembled it to make sure all wires were connected and removed the CMOS in order to reset the bios. There seem to be some wires from the keyboard and the monitor that look like they've been crimped but don't look like they are broke or anything. Everything seems to be in order inside of the netbook
I hooked up a monitor to the external serial port to see if it was just the screen that was messed up but I still get nothing. The monitor just keeps saying it's disconnected. So the netbook isn't even registering that the external monitor is connected.
Has anyone else had this problem? please let me know. Oh, and I tried to use different power cords but still the same problem.

this is a known problem with some aspire one notebooks ..sadly

this link is ok as far as covering the blind bios flash that has a decent success rate recovering from the black screen of death.

http://eric.chromick.com/aa1/aspire-one ... -of-death/

check it or google : aspire one black screen of death

my a110l actually had this happen and the blind flash worked for me.

actually my a110L would have been in a landfill for a few things is not for my willingness to tear it apart and fix it.

black screen of death (recovery flash ) during warranty

hd dead 2 mos after warranty ended (replaced with supertalent ssd)

boot then shutdown after 30 seconds (take apart to fix stuck cpu fan)

i'm not sure if i love or hate the little bastard at this point :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:31 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

maddingo wrote:
Compaqsonly wrote:

this is a known problem with some aspire one notebooks ..sadly

this link is ok as far as covering the blind bios flash that has a decent success rate recovering from the black screen of death.

http://eric.chromick.com/aa1/aspire-one ... -of-death/

check it or google : aspire one black screen of death

my a110l actually had this happen and the blind flash worked for me.

actually my a110L would have been in a landfill for a few things is not for my willingness to tear it apart and fix it.

black screen of death (recovery flash ) during warranty

hd dead 2 mos after warranty ended (replaced with supertalent ssd)

boot then shutdown after 30 seconds (take apart to fix stuck cpu fan)

i'm not sure if i love or hate the little bastard at this point :D

Ty I'll try it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:11 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

np...just make sure you get the bios for the right model and all

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:53 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

maddingo wrote:
np...just make sure you get the bios for the right model and all

That worked perfectly. Thank you. I did a google search for this and all i got were advertisements or places wanting you to buy a bios software. Lol i hate google searches. whatever happened to the days when you could search for something and actually get what youre looking for instead of 20 pages of sites wanting you to buy something?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:46 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Quote:
whatever happened to the days when you could search for something and actually get what youre looking for instead of 20 pages of sites wanting you to buy something?

Just go to Google.com instead of using a useless tool bar.

http://www.google.com/

Nasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:23 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Nastyman wrote:
Quote:
whatever happened to the days when you could search for something and actually get what youre looking for instead of 20 pages of sites wanting you to buy something?

Just go to Google.com instead of using a useless tool bar.

http://www.google.com/

Nasty

Yea that's what I usually do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:11 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

oh yeah for anyone with aspire one questions a good site to remember

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/

most notably the forums tons of AAO info there.