Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: P-7811 FX Edition Canada?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:43 pm 

I am trying to find somewhere to purchase the Gateway P-7811 FX Edition Laptop that the magazine reviewed recently. Only issue is that I like in Ottawa, Canada and while they have a nice website there doesn't really seem to be any Gateway Canada. Worse none of their listed Canadian retailers actually sell the Laptop and can't order it. Does anyone know anyway to buy this Laptop from Canada?

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:40 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I've looked into this at my regular haunts with no avail. have you gone down to your local small computer store and asked if they can special order it in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm 

I have Looked into nearly all of the local computer stores in Ottawa and a few even in Montreal. But so far no luck. In one case a store told me Gateway Canada didn't exist and that is was a shell company for Korean Businesses. It seems like my only recourse is to come to the States and pick it up there. But if i did that then how would warranty and what not work? I even asked Bestbuy here in Ottawa if they could pick it up from one of their American Stores and ship it to Ottawa at my expense, i only got weird looks as an answer.

I realize that this Laptop is fairly new as it only came out in August, is it expected to make an appearance in other countries at a later date? From reader mail in the magazine and on the Podcast it is clear that Maximum PC has a reader base out side of the States. And if this was a American only Laptop why wasn't it listed as such in the review?

Nick