Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: monitoring Software for mac os x
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Ok so I built my hackintosh, it all works well, so now i'm on to overclocking

I'm wondering if there is Mac OS X software specific for monitoring.

like speedfan, coretemp, prime95, everest things like that. I have done some googling but am not sure.

oh hardware just fyi, gigabyte 945gcm-s2l, Celeron D 330j 2.66ghz, 1gb ddr2 pc5400. my current overclock is 3.33ghz. 20x133. it seems stable I have no way to test it though

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:50 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

So, you have a PC running MAC OS X? Not an OS, not Linux...and I'm not an Apple guy hanging out in a PC forum. If it were Linux, you can do command line typing and get more info than you can shake a stick at.

I'm sorry, I just don't think you'll find a heck of a lot of Mac OS X info around here. Not to steer you away, yet more to point out that you're using a PC that could be made easier to actually use by conforming to x86.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:26 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Here's something you can do: How about getting a used / cheapy hard drive and install Windows on it? Not to run Windows as your OS, but to use all the monitoring and testing software available to overclockers. Since Windows lets you run for 30 days before requiring activation, you don't even have to pay for it if you know someone with a Windows XP install CD and he will trust you not to activate it.

Hardware is hardware. Once you get the motherboard dialed-in with a stable overclock under Windows, just run your Mac OS instead. Simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

That's a great idea actually. Maybe not even Windows as that may be a headache, and costly. Perhaps some itty bitty partition with just some Linux distro on it that does just that...checks the OC only. Ya, that leaves some assumption open, but I think they all do that anyway to some degree.

Shouldn't CoreTemp work on the new Macs too though?

Post subject: Re: monitoring Software for mac os x
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:37 am 

I use Mac Monitoring software that sends the record of all performed tasks. By the help of this software I need not to worry about my work or about my employees. This software shows me how loyal are they towards their work. It silently sends all the monitored activity to my online activity.