Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Watercooling Recomendations
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:01 pm 

Hi, im new and have a few quick questions.

Im looking at building a new high end PC. Nforce 4 chipset (once its released), FX-55, DDR2 etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any recomendations for a high end watercooling system to allow me to overclock a socket 939 processor. I would perfer all in one kits, although if someone can recommend a really good combonation of parts to make an awsome system that would be appreciated too. (I would like a set up that is all internal)

-Thanks in advance! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:26 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

im not much in to watercooling because of financial cuircumstances, but ive heard great things about the koolance systems and danger den cooling products also get great reviews, i would choose between the two

also you could just buy all the parts yourself and get exactly what you want

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:28 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
just so u know, u cant get DDR2 for AMD. itrs something with the core. and AMD doesnt need it i hear. i dont know much about internal watercooling, so no answer... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:07 pm 

There are a number of options for watercooling. The Koolance system is a good entry point. Alienware uses these for OEM setups. The External system is only $200, the CPU block, $50, and the GPU block, $40. So, for around $290, you are set. It only uses 1/4" (6 mm) ID tubing, however.

If you want to go high end, I would recommend Innovatek or DangerDen. Both are very similar. I use the Innovatek items for my PC. I recently upgraded from the Koolance system. This system is more expensive, and uses 8 mm tubing. They have kits to get you started.

A good place to get the items, and they are very honest and straight forward, is:

http://www.highspeedpc.com

I bought all my watercooling items from them. If you have any questions, they are more than happy to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:53 pm 

do you suggest I mix and match or just go all with one company's items?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:27 pm 

I used Innovatek for pretty much everything. I liked the fittings on the Innovatek items, and pressure sealed machined fitting versus the plastic push on fittings with the DangerDen. You can mix and match, but then you might run into getting the wrong size fitting or the like.

Here is my watercooling set up if you wanted to see what it looked like in a CoolerMaster stacker. There are two rads, a 120 mm and a double 120 mm. I am still using the Koolance pumps and CPU cooler. I will upgrade those as the budget permits. I used the controller from the Koolance and built into a face plate on the case.

http://65.201.253.101/webpics/index.htm

If I was to start from scratch, I would have gone with the Innovatek kit right from the beginning. The NV40 cooler really works well and the components are all very good quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:41 pm 

wow, nice job on the stacker what did you do to get such good wire managment?

Yeah, Innovatek is looking pretty good, is this the same kit you used Innovatek?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:56 pm 

Thanks. I sleeved all the leads on the OCZ Powerstream, and then I just tie wrapped up and to the side where all the connectors are for the component power leads. Make a clean run of power. Plus, there is so much room in this case :)

That is the kit I wish I had initially purchased. I bought the Koolance items first, and have moved to Innovatek bit by bit. I still need a CPU block and a better pump with reservoir. I like the Innovatek items. Nicely engineered, good quality build.

You will need a fan controller and a 120 mm fan. I would also look at a temp monitor device, like the AeroGate III. It can also control your fans and it is only $50. If you do the GPU, you will need an extra 120 mm rad at a minimum. Not to mention a GPU block.

Makes for a nice quite system when the fans are turned down :)