Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Radlinker with or without Omega drivers?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:44 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Hey all. I just bought the Iceberq 4 videocard cooler and was doing a little overclocking.

I have a Radeon 9600 Pro and I'm using Radlinker to overclock and with it I'm getting speeds of 470 MHz core and 340 MHz memory (original was 398 core and 297 memory).

I keep hearing from a few of you to use the Omega drivers for overclocking. What benefit will I get by using the Omega drivers? Is it more for stability or could I get higher overclocks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:04 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

No comments?

Anybody use the Radlinker or Omega drivers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:39 am 
Team Member*
Team Member*

Sorry I can't say that I have used those programs for any overclocking on my 9800pro. I have used Rage3D, I have gotten up to XT speeds but my issue is i need sinks for my memory other than that i think Rage3D is good. give it a shot and see if you like it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:39 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

i use radlinker. i like it a lot especially how you can have it stock speed when browing internet or whatever and then set-up a rad link for a game and have it OC while you play the game. i dont use Omega drivers but i got my 9800pro up to xt speeds, though it sitll benched ever so slightly under a real xt but thats expected. for this gen i'm using 6800gt so i havent used radlinker recently but when i had my 9800 pro it was a godsend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:38 pm 

:) hey,i have used the omega's myself and they work great----however---they are geared to a better image quality as apposed to performance.It wouldn't make much sense to install them and then change any of his settings!!Stick with the cat's and the radlinker or speedstrip,if you want a performance increase.Also, go into the advanced settings and slide the settings to high performance to really notice a change. good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:16 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

About OmegeDrivers
    "The purpose of the Omega Drivers is to provide gamers with an alternate set of drivers, ones that have more options and features than the original sets. The drivers contain optimizations, extra features (like OC capabilities), more resolutions and internal tweaks that can give them the edge in a gaming environment over the normal drivers, which are often tailored for synthetic benchmarks."