Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need Opinions And Suggestion For A Graphic Card
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 am 

Hi all, I am very noob when it comes to PC stuff. I usually play games on consoles but there are some games i want to play on PC. I have a PC with specs listed below i want your guys opinions and suggestion for a video card that can run BF4 on low or medium settings don't care for high settings. This is a temporary solution as i will build a gaming pc next year. The budget for the graphics card is 300$.

CPU: Intel core i3 2.93ghz
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7H55-V
Ram: Cosair ram xms3 1*2 GB DDR
hd: Seagate 500GB
PSU: Cooler master 500 watts

This is my first post on the forum. I hope the information i provided is enough if you guys want more information i will try to provide it and guys i would like to have your feedback on this post and correct me if i have put something wrong on this post or tell me how to make better post in the future.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Need Opinions And Suggestion For A Graphic Card
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

First, welcome to the forums!

Quote:
i want your guys opinions and suggestion for a video card that can run BF4 on low or medium settings don't care for high settings.

So here's the deal. The BF4 system requirements recommend a 600 series nVidia or 7000 series AMD. Your budget is adequate to get you a very nice GPU, probably one that would get you high settings in many of the options. So you've got a conundrum: do you go with a cheaper GPU (saving some money for the future) that you'll replace with a better one later, or do you get a GPU that matches your budget but exceeds your graphical requirements?

That is something you must answer.

• If you want to use your whole budget, some AMD 7970 GPUs will meet your $300 budget.
  • If you want to spend most of your dough (maybe save a little money), I'd consider nVidia 760 GTX.
  • If you want to save even more money and get a card that is more within your expectations, I would look for a AMD 7870 that's on sale. If you're patient, I've seen them as low as $150 after rebate.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:32 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

How soon is next year? Because honestly I would just pocket the $300 and hold off. But if you really want something now, I'd recommend a $100-$120 card.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:37 am 

Ty guys for replying Iam currently doing masters in electrical engineering from Hong Kong. This is my work pc I know it is very old. My masters will be completed in January this year and hopefully get a job in mid February and will make a pc in may 2014 until then I just want to play BF4. I have extra 100$ for ram and psu.

My psu current model is cool master RS-500-PCAR-A3

As for graphics card i only need it for this Pc

Plz advice me what should i do

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:35 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I would wait completely. Pocket the extra $300 to a new build.

Besides man, you should be focusing on your studies. You can get a shiny new PC to play BF4 as a graduation gift to yourself :P