Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: help in a new PC
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:26 am 

Hello all im glad to be here.

I picked these parts for a pc. Not sure if everything is compatible, if the ram is supported. When ram says kingston beast 2400 cl11 4x4, i can oc it to 2400 or it comes at 2400 from factory.

Then another thing is, willthe case fit everything?

Im not gonna buy a gpu now cause il get a 780ti for my birthday later, so the 4600 integrated hd will run league of legends well for me till then.

Also will the 780ti fit the case? I really love the look of this case. Is it a good case though?

And if you have any other opinions im open to advice.

This costs roughly 850euros in romania i can go max. Il let you guys choose a psu for me.

Here is the build i made:

RAM Kingston Beast Series DDR3, 4x4GB, 2400MHz, CL11cod:[ KHX24C11T3K4/16X ]

MOTHERBOARD ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO, Intel Z87, LGA 1150

DAEMON 6004

http://www.evomag.ro...004-108821.html

SSD Samsung 840 Evo Basic, 120GB, SATA III 600 (Stand Alone)

And for the processor its a 4770k.

Thank you for your time. And one more question...it the stock cooler for cpu good or should i get another one?

Post subject: Re: help in a new PC
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:13 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you're here too.

You have a bunch of questions and I will do my best to answer them:
  • RAM that says 2400 will require OC'ing. The motherboard typically sets the speed at which the RAM will run - in the case of the ASUS Maximus VI Hero, it's 1600 (that's pretty common). So if you want the RAM to run at 2400, you'll have to oc
  • Your link doesn't work, so I'm guessing you mean this Daemon 6004. The case appears to be a full tower ATX (I'm guessing it's similar to the HAF 932). Unfortunately, it's not available in the US so it's hard to tell for certain. Anyways, it should be able to accommodate all the components you selected, including the 780 Ti
  • The 4770K is a good CPU, but you may want to consider the 4670K. It's basically the 4770k without the hyperthreading and for a gaming computer hyperthreading is not crucial. This could save you some money that you could put elsewhere, like to a larger SSD or a CPU cooler
  • Speaking of the CPU cooler, I would recommend an after-market CPU cooler over the stock cooler even if you don't OC the CPU. The Hyper 212 EVO is a cheap CPU cooler that is quite popular in this forum
  • As for the power supply, I recommend you find a good brand, 80 Plus Bronze 550W PSU. You could go as high as 650W but anything after that is overkill for your build

Good luck and put up some pictures when you're done with your build!

Hope this helps.