Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New to building computers, and in need of advice.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:49 pm 

So I'm trying to build a new computer specifically for gaming as I mostly only use computers for gaming but have never really even been close to having a decent gaming computer. I'm going to bold most important information so you can just skim through it.

I hope this is the right forum to ask for this in but I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some cheap parts to use in my gaming computer. I don't need to worry about building it, I know someone who can build it for me for just a bit of money. I have a reasonable idea of what most parts of a computer do and how they work, but I just don't know how to tell what is better than what and what I need as a minimum to have a good gaming computer.

I'm looking for something not too flashy, I'd be happy with something that ran most games steadily at 30FPS or higher. I don't care too greatly about graphics, I would most likely prefer to be able to play most games at atleast medium graphics settings but I am also very happy playing most games on minimum graphics. I am not looking to spend too much money, $1000 would be just about my limit, or I could possibly bump that up to $1500 if I have no real option below $1000. I don't really have any real requirements other than that.

To sum it up. I want a gaming computer as cheap as possible. Graphics are hardly an issue with me, Medium settings would be nice but if I can play just about any game on atleast 30 FPS with minimum settings that would be ok too. Trying to do my best to stay under $1000 Limit, looking for as low a price as possible though.

I am likely to upgrade my parts individually as time goes on, so I just kind of need something that will work well for the next few years.

Thanks for the help.