My first custom built gaming pc is to be 6 years old in April, so time for a new one.
To inform you the best I can, I'll explain some expectations and indications first. Please note that I'm really just a "newbie" again, so do correct me if needed. Also, if you would change anything about the suggested parts below, can you please explain why? I really want to understand why I pick/change each part.
- Will be primarily a gaming pc (let's say 95%) and 5% surfing the web or listening to music etc.
- I'd like games to have as high fps as possible. No need for overkill, but if my pc can last nearly as long as my first one, I'd be very happy.
- I'd like games to load as fast as possible, especially in-game loading screens. I suppose SSD and RAM are crucial for this part?
- I would want the airflow to be as good as can be. Watercooling is ok, as long as it's a closed system such as the H100i instead of one that you put together from scratch.
My parts so far:
Case: Corsair Obisidan 550Dhttps://azerty.nl/pr...ries-550d-.html
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Herohttps://azerty.nl/pr...us-vi-hero.html
CPU: i5 4670khttps://azerty.nl/pr...0k-3-4-ghz.html
Liquid CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100ihttps://azerty.nl/pr...ries-h100i.html
Liquid CPU Cooler fans: 2x Corsair Air SP120https://azerty.nl/pr...-sp120-pwm.html
GPU: MSI R9 290x GAMING 4Ghttps://azerty.nl/pr...-gaming-4g.html
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB 1866Mhzhttps://azerty.nl/pr...pro-series.html
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GBhttps://azerty.nl/pr...es-mz-7pd5.html
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TBhttps://azerty.nl/pr...t2000dm001.html
PSU: Corsair X860ihttps://azerty.nl/pr...oeding-int.html
DVD player: Samsung SH-118ABhttps://azerty.nl/pr...chijfstati.html
Sorry for the Dutch links, but the specs can be found by scrolling down. Some additional information:
- I like the design of the case (though 750D is nice too), and like the foam to reduce sound, but not sure if it will fit everything well (for ex. GPU) and still offer sufficient cooling. I've had heat issues before, so I rather be 'overcautious'.
- I like having the H100i as CPU cooling, but as far as I could find out I'd be better off replacing the stock fans with the SP120 fans (noise).
- I'm thinking about replacing the 2 stock 120 fans at the front and 140 fan at the rear with AF120/AF140 ones, just not sure if that's right or if I need SP for that as well.
- The SSD would be where I install Windows and all games, the HDD where I put music, pictures, etc.
- Will use Windows 8.1, but no need to count it in this price.
- I don't mind going higher than $2000, as long as it''s worth it.
- Not sure if I should pick the i7 4770k instead of the i5. As far as I could find on the web, i7 offers no added value for gaming.
- If I remember correctly, Nvidia will release a new generation GPU's sometime soon, should I wait for that?
- Not sure if RAM should be Vengeance or Dominator.
- Should I put another fan at the bottom of the case facing up (right next to the PSU)? If so, should it be SP or AF?
- Would I benefit from 16B RAM instead of 8GB?
Sorry for the excessive details. Thanks in advance for all feedback!